Jupiter-Venus conjunction

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
menardre
Vice President

Jupiter-Venus conjunction

Unread post by menardre »

There was a conjunction of Jupiter and Venus this past Saturday morning. At its closest they were 0.2 degrees apart which is less than 1/2 the diameter of the Moon. Venus is the brighter of the two.

I took these images using a Nikon D750 with a 24-120 1:4 lens. I first started with a wider angle to get more of the feel for how close the planets are, then zoomed in.

Roger.
Jupiter-Venus-2.jpg
Jupiter-Venus-2.jpg (7.23 MiB) Viewed 511 times
Jupiter-Venus-3.jpg
Jupiter-Venus-3.jpg (6.46 MiB) Viewed 511 times
Roger M.
Celestron CPC1100 EDGE, Stellarvue 130T refractor dual mounted on iOptron CEM120 on permanent pier mounted in Observatory. Imaging camera ZWO ASI2600 OSC, guide camera Lodestar or ZWO ASI290MM.
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Re: Jupiter-Venus conjunction

Unread post by NGC7000 »

Nice job, Roger. Looking at your image was an " Oh, damn. I forgot" moment. :lol:

Tom
Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur
menardre
Vice President

Unread post by menardre »

Tom

I know what you mean ....

This time I planned ahead and setup my camera the night before. I got up around 4:30AM but the planets were still too low in the East (below the trees). So I waited until after 5AM (My wife wasn't terribly thrilled).

Roger
Roger M.
Celestron CPC1100 EDGE, Stellarvue 130T refractor dual mounted on iOptron CEM120 on permanent pier mounted in Observatory. Imaging camera ZWO ASI2600 OSC, guide camera Lodestar or ZWO ASI290MM.
Bruce D
Life Member

Unread post by Bruce D »

Same here Tom!
Roger I'm glad you were on the ball! Nice image
Bruce D