Got an Eclipse Pic? Post it here!

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
menardre
Vice President

Re: Got an Eclipse Pic? Post it here!

Unread post by menardre »

Thanks everyone....

Since this is the last Lunar eclipse for about 3 years, I really did want do something. Taking the pictures was fairly straight forward- except every couple of minutes I had to re-center. The hard part was crop & center all 166 frames so that the image stays centered. It took me a couple of days of work, but turned out to be worth the effort.

Roger
Roger M.
Celestron CPC1100 EDGE, Stellarvue 130T refractor dual mounted on iOptron CEM120 on permanent pier mounted in Observatory. Imaging camera ZWO ASI2600 OSC, guide camera Lodestar or ZWO ASI290MM.
AstroGeek
15+ Years Member

Unread post by AstroGeek »

Roger,

For future reference, there's a free program called PIPP that will center and crop all of your individual frames for you.
There may be some degree of image rotation, however, if you did not track on an equatorial mount.

Steve
Steve L
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Unread post by NGC7000 »

Thanks, Steve. Good to know.

Tom
Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur
Pete
Astro Day Coordinator

Unread post by Pete »

Steve, what do you see as the advantage of PIPP over Astrometrica?
Pete P.