IC 5076 Reflection Nebula

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
menardre
Vice President

IC 5076 Reflection Nebula

Unread post by menardre »

Nice to be able to start imaging at 8PM. While scrolling through SkyTools4, I found this interesting nebula in Cygnus. Cygnus is nicely placed, almost overhead so I am able to get a lot of integration time and be far enough away from the Moon that rises after midnight.

I used 11 inch SCT and ZWO ASI2600 to capture this nebula. SVX130 and ZWO ASI290 used for autoguiding. SGP4 used to manage all equipment and meridian flip. PHD2 used for autoguiding. I was able to capture 177 images of 2 minutes binned 1x1, temp set to -10C, and gain set to 100. All but one of the images was usable. Took flats and shutdown around 2AM.

Pixinsight used for stacking and image processing. Image was cropped about 15%.

Roger

IC 5076 Master_ABEdiv_Autocolor_BN_ArcSinH_NXT_EzSR_EzMask_HTbg_Curves_SR_MLTsharp_Curves_Crop.jpg
IC 5076 Master_ABEdiv_Autocolor_BN_ArcSinH_NXT_EzSR_EzMask_HTbg_Curves_SR_MLTsharp_Curves_Crop.jpg (7.34 MiB) Viewed 523 times
Roger M.
Celestron CPC1100 EDGE, Stellarvue 130T refractor dual mounted on iOptron CEM120 on permanent pier mounted in Observatory. Imaging camera ZWO ASI2600 OSC, guide camera Lodestar or ZWO ASI290MM.
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Re: IC 5076 Reflection Nebula

Unread post by NGC7000 »

Beautiful color rendering here, Roger. It's been very rewarding looking at these images, especially the ones now where you have been exploring deep space targets that I have never seen before. I look forward to seeing what else you will be capturing.

Tom
Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur
menardre
Vice President

Tom

Thanks .... I have fun finding different targets.

Most people hate it when it gest dark early ... I look forward to it s!!

Roger
Roger M.
Celestron CPC1100 EDGE, Stellarvue 130T refractor dual mounted on iOptron CEM120 on permanent pier mounted in Observatory. Imaging camera ZWO ASI2600 OSC, guide camera Lodestar or ZWO ASI290MM.
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Unread post by NGC7000 »

Best time of year for us Astro types. December's even better! My wife doesn't understand that when she says in April the days are getting longer I go silent. :lol:

Tom
Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur
Pete
Astro Day Coordinator

Unread post by Pete »

Wow! That's almost at the level of the Hubble Deep Field. Sure wish I could catch color like that.
Pete P.
menardre
Vice President

Pete

Thanks.... I had a good night that night. Tracking was really good and I was able to image for over 6 hours. As you know, integration time is really needed to pull out colors and details.

Roger
Roger M.
Pete
Astro Day Coordinator

Unread post by Pete »

Actually I didn't realize that exposure time was so important to color :o
Pete P.