NGC7000 Sellafane VS Bristol

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
bluemax
10+ Years Member

NGC7000 Sellafane VS Bristol

Unread post by bluemax »

The first Ha image from Bristol, is about 40 minutes (2 min subs) with a modded Canon Rebel with 180mm Nikon lens on a Skyguider Pro. The second image from Stellafane, same equipment but about twice as long total exposure (not really a fair comparison but never-the-less)
The rotation is off between the two but, this is just more experimenting and learning how to use the Ioptron mount.
I'm ok with the round stars at 2 minutes but to go longer, a PERFECT polar alignment is needed.
So, wondering if the darker sky accounts for the better image or, the longer total time. comments?
NGC7000 Ha arc PS Neb red ch.jpg
NGC7000 Ha arc PS Neb red ch.jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 346 times
NGC7000 Ha Stella arc Neb.jpg
NGC7000 Ha Stella arc Neb.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 346 times
Frank N

Stellarvue 80mm APO, Skyguider Pro, Celestron AVX

"I'm a seeker too. But my dreams aren't like yours. I can't help thinking that somewhere in the universe there has to be something better than man. Has to be"

Taylor in "Planet of the Apes" 1968
menardre
Vice President

Re: NGC7000 Sellafane VS Bristol

Unread post by menardre »

I like both images. So much detail!!

Increasing integration time will bring out more details. I would suspect that is true in this case.

Roger
Roger M.
Celestron CPC1100 EDGE, Stellarvue 130T refractor dual mounted on iOptron CEM120 on permanent pier mounted in Observatory. Imaging camera ZWO ASI2600 OSC, guide camera Lodestar or ZWO ASI290MM.