Sky Guider Pro setup

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
bluemax
10+ Years Member

Sky Guider Pro setup

Unread post by bluemax »

Here is a shot of my new setup: Sky Guider Pro, modded Canon Rebel 450D, shoe mounted ZWO guide camera on mini-scope (and a bunch of cables!)
One of the first light images attached was 13x2 minutes subs of the Sadr region before clouds came in. The addition of the guide scope should allow for longer than 2 minutes, we'll see. Can't wait for Stellafane!
Attachments
Sadr 34 minutes IP PS cropped.jpg
Sadr 34 minutes IP PS cropped.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 474 times
IMG_2698.jpg
IMG_2698.jpg (2.52 MiB) Viewed 474 times
Frank N

Stellarvue 80mm APO, Skyguider Pro, Celestron AVX

"I'm a seeker too. But my dreams aren't like yours. I can't help thinking that somewhere in the universe there has to be something better than man. Has to be"

Taylor in "Planet of the Apes" 1968
Pete
Astro Day Coordinator

Re: Sky Guider Pro setup

Unread post by Pete »

That's probably the most robust setup for imaging with a dedicated DSLR that I've ever seen. It's probably impossible to achieve anything but pinpoint stars with your rig Frank. Impressive.
Pete P.
bluemax
10+ Years Member

Unread post by bluemax »

Pin point stars? My secret is the Ipolar camera mounted inside the Sky Guider Pro. The software allows pretty good alignment in less than 10 minutes. Of course, this is after you stabilize the surveyors tripod (very light weight aluminum) make it level and pretty close to pointing at Polaris.
Frank N

Stellarvue 80mm APO, Skyguider Pro, Celestron AVX

"I'm a seeker too. But my dreams aren't like yours. I can't help thinking that somewhere in the universe there has to be something better than man. Has to be"

Taylor in "Planet of the Apes" 1968
menardre
Vice President

Unread post by menardre »

Nice looking rig and very nice image of the sadr region. Pinpoinmt stars and nice color rendition. Looking forward to more images from your setup.

Roger
Roger M.
Celestron CPC1100 EDGE, Stellarvue 130T refractor dual mounted on iOptron CEM120 on permanent pier mounted in Observatory. Imaging camera ZWO ASI2600 OSC, guide camera Lodestar or ZWO ASI290MM.
Bruce D
Life Member

Unread post by Bruce D »

Very cool Frank, looking forward to seeing many images taken with this setup. Looks very portable!
Bruce D