M81/82 with Optolong filter

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
AstroGeek
15+ Years Member

Re: M81/82 with Optolong filter

Unread post by AstroGeek »

WOW, Pete!!

That upper left corner looks much better.

May I suggest just upping the overall color saturation just a bit?

It should bring out the blue in M81's spiral arms and the red at the center of M82.

Just a touch, but don't go too far!!

Season to taste.
Steve L
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Unread post by NGC7000 »

Well now! :lol:
Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur
menardre
Vice President

Unread post by menardre »

Pete

Really increases the details and makes the image 'pop. Really nice rendering of the M81/M82 pair. A real keeper.

Performing image processing is both and art and a study. I know that I am constantly learning new techniques. Looks like you have come across some great techniques.

Roger
Roger M.
Celestron CPC1100 EDGE, Stellarvue 130T refractor dual mounted on iOptron CEM120 on permanent pier mounted in Observatory. Imaging camera ZWO ASI2600 OSC, guide camera Lodestar or ZWO ASI290MM.
Chuck

Unread post by Chuck »

Really nice improvement with the new processing steps. Wish I could make some suggestions but have been out of the loop for well over a year. Keep it up and you'll be turning out some great images. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

--- Chuck
Chuck M.

Meade 8" LX200 Classic OTA
iOptron CEM40EC and MiniPier on Meade classic field tripod
Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II
Canon 7D Mark II
ZWO 60mm f/4.6 GS with ASI120MM-S camera
Starizona SCT Corrector II and Virtual View 2" Rotating Visual Back
Pegasus Astro Pocket Powerbox
Pete
Astro Day Coordinator

Unread post by Pete »

Thank you Chuck. What I'm posting is actually my observing log and that's why the details are there. I've maintained these detailed observing logs and imaging logs more than 20 years, and on occassion I actually reference them. Everyone else posts lovely images as if they happen at the push of a button. Still looking for that button.
Pete P.
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Unread post by NGC7000 »

All I do is burp and my images pop out impeccably complete. :lol:

Tom
Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur