NGC 2403

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
menardre
Vice President

NGC 2403

Unread post by menardre »

I posted in image of IC 342 a week or so ago. Last night I decided to stay in the constellation Camelopardalis and image the galaxy NGC 2403. The Moon was very bright, but NGC 2403 was far enough away to get a decent image. It was cloudy all day and only cleared around 7PM.

NGC 2403 (Caldwell 7) is a spiral galaxy and an outlying member of the M81-M82 group of galaxies. It has about 1/2 half of the mass of our Milky Way galaxy.

I was able to take about 6 hours of images (2 minute subs) along with flats. Even early in the morning the skies were bright enough to read a book, and murky. I used SVX130 refractor and ZWO ASI 071 camera with Falcon rotator.

On another subject... we have a 'Reviews' forum for which I do not see any 'reviews'. I think it would be great for our members to add their experiences with hardware/software etc to the 'Reviews' forum. You could also add a post asking for a review. I recently added reviews for the Pegasus Falcon rotator and the book series 'The Night Sky Observer's Guide'. Go take a look.

Roger
NGC 2403 Processed.jpg
NGC 2403 Processed.jpg (5.96 MiB) Viewed 894 times
Roger M.
Celestron CPC1100 EDGE, Stellarvue 130T refractor dual mounted on iOptron CEM120 on permanent pier mounted in Observatory. Imaging camera ZWO ASI2600 OSC, guide camera Lodestar or ZWO ASI290MM.
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Re: NGC 2403

Unread post by NGC7000 »

Just amazing what you're achieving in spite of the skies you describe ( not to be selfish with my own misery, I sent some of it over to you :D).
This is yet another NGC galaxy that is new to me thanks to you. Well done on the processing. You would never know you are working with such LP challenges.

Tom
Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur
menardre
Vice President

Re: NGC 2403

Unread post by menardre »

Tom

Thanks for your comments. We all have to make the most with the sky conditions available.

Roger
Roger M.
Celestron CPC1100 EDGE, Stellarvue 130T refractor dual mounted on iOptron CEM120 on permanent pier mounted in Observatory. Imaging camera ZWO ASI2600 OSC, guide camera Lodestar or ZWO ASI290MM.