Arunah Hill image

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
bluemax
10+ Years Member

Arunah Hill image

Unread post by bluemax »

After a year away from anything astro, I joined the group at Arunah Hill last weekend. Using Ioptron Skyguider Pro, Canon Rebel with Nikkor 100mm lens, shooting two hours of 2 minute frames with darks, etc, here is a full frame image and a cropped one of NGC7000. Used Images Plus ArcSinH for processing. I like the full frame one better. The Skyguider Pro can go longer than 2 minutes but this was my first time out in a year. It will go 4 minutes with very good polar alignment.
The sky and Milky Way were magnificent and I am happy to be back to imaging and the great ASSNE group!
Attachments
NGC7000 Arunah Hill crop.jpg
NGC7000 Arunah Hill crop.jpg (453.63 KiB) Viewed 2305 times
NGC7000 Arunah Hill.jpg
NGC7000 Arunah Hill.jpg (2.51 MiB) Viewed 2305 times
Frank N

Stellarvue 80mm APO, Skyguider Pro, Celestron AVX

"I'm a seeker too. But my dreams aren't like yours. I can't help thinking that somewhere in the universe there has to be something better than man. Has to be"

Taylor in "Planet of the Apes" 1968
Borg
15+ Years Member

Re: Arunah Hill image

Unread post by Borg »

Fantastic images Frank nicely done we have to talk about it sometime for sure. Just think with my 80mm black Diamond on that setup, just think what you could do! If interested we can talk.
Paul F, Celestron HD 9-1/4.Canon 60-DA.Explorer scientific 127 carbon fiber triplet.Atlas EQ6 hyper tuned.
TimW

Unread post by TimW »

Very nicely done on the images. They look great.
Tim W.

Laurie J. Wood
March 22, 1967 - August 23, 2019
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.

Scope: 8" Celestron SCT on an AVX equatorial mount
Solar Scope: Lunt Solar System 60 mm Double-Stacked H-Alpha
Solar Imaging Camera: ZWO ASI174mm monochrome
Imaging Camera: ZWO ASI1600MC-Cool
Autoguide: PHD2
Image Capturing: SharpCap
DebayerIng: PIPP
Planetary Stacking: Autostakkert
Planetary Post Processing: Registax
Deep Sky Stacking: Deep Sky Stacker
Deep Sky Post Processing: Photoshop
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Unread post by NGC7000 »

Great seeing your images again, Frank.

Tom
Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur
Bruce D
Life Member

Unread post by Bruce D »

Well done Frank, beautiful images! Great to see you I'm glad you joined us, good company always welcome!
Bruce D
bluemax
10+ Years Member

Unread post by bluemax »

As usual, I over processed the last image. Here is a version with less vigor! I mean, there are a lot of stars in the Milky Way, but that first attempt was a bit much.
Attachments
Arunah NGC7000 Neb DDP.jpg
Arunah NGC7000 Neb DDP.jpg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 2284 times
Frank N

"I'm a seeker too. But my dreams aren't like yours. I can't help thinking that somewhere in the universe there has to be something better than man. Has to be"

NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Unread post by NGC7000 »

Frank- Just curious. What ISO were you shooting at? Looks like less than 400. And did you use Flats?

And lastly- which Canon Rebel do you have?

Tom
Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur
bluemax
10+ Years Member

Unread post by bluemax »

Tom, ISO400 20 flats to 60 lights with 20 Darks and bias too...Canon modded Rebel (old) I am not at all happy with the results. On the positive side, the Skyguider Pro is awesome and I could have pushed for 3 or 4 minutes but this was my first time out in a long time and I wasn't sure what to do. Maybe a bunch of 1 minute subs might have been better.
I could throw out a challenge to you to try to process the raw stacked frame but I know you don't take pressure very well. :roll:
Frank N

menardre
Vice President

Unread post by menardre »

Outstanding job with your Canon Rebel. I am really impressed. Good color and focusing looks great.

Well done!!
Roger
Roger M.
Celestron CPC1100 EDGE, Stellarvue 130T refractor dual mounted on iOptron CEM120 on permanent pier mounted in Observatory. Imaging camera ZWO ASI2600 OSC, guide camera Lodestar or ZWO ASI290MM.