One of my favorite images

General astronomy-related discussion (publicly viewable)
NGC7000
10+ Years Member

One of my favorite images

Unread post by NGC7000 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:55 am

I may have posted this before, but it really embodies our legendary strong club spirit and deserves another look. To all of you in the picture, I extend my fondest thanks for such wonderful memories, and hope you are faring well in these odd times. I look forward to seeing each and every one of you in person.

Tom
Attachments
Stellafane 2007.jpg
Stellafane 2007.jpg (90.03 KiB) Viewed 150 times
Tom H
Astra inclinant, sed non obligant.
Bruce D
Life Member

Re: One of my favorite images

Unread post by Bruce D » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:58 am

Those were the days, i can remember having 30 or more club members camping together at Stellafane. Who knows if we will even be able to do the Myles Standish weekend this year...
Bruce D
Paul D
Secretary

Re: One of my favorite images

Unread post by Paul D » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:29 pm

Those were indeed the days. Its always good to look back on a picture like that and remember all the great times and many adventures of Stellafane. I enjoy each and every year with all of those who attend and hopefully it will happen this year and it will be extra special after all we have been through.

I don't see parks opening probably till July or August this year. Even if we hit our Covid peak in the next few weeks I think government will remain cautious and delay any mass groups for a few months. I hope I am wrong but we shall see.
Paul...

16" f/5 Night Sky Truss (Midnight Mistress)
10" f/5 Home built Dob with Parks mirror.
Pre-Meade PST
Celestron Skymaster Binos 25-125x80
Meade Travelview Binos 10x50

See that 16" in the sleek black dress? She is all mine. :)