Good Price on Batteries.....

General astronomy-related discussion (publicly viewable)
Dan Chieppa

Good Price on Batteries.....

Unread post by Dan Chieppa »

Greetings,
I needed batteries for my red LED visor light (it takes four CR2016 button batteries) and got a price from my local Walgreens of $5.49 for just two. I didn't feel like spending $11.00 for four batteries so I went to the local Interstate Battery store. Bottom line, they sell the battery for just .68 cents. I bought eight of them! If you need button batteries for red dot finders or hat lights you can save some money by shopping at an Interstate store. They have all sorts of batteries in stock. I have no affiliation to the store. I just wanted to pass this information along.
Clear skies,
Dan
Galactus
15+ Years Member

Unread post by Galactus »

Dan,

I never heard of Intersate Battery. Where are these folks? Is there a webpage where I can find a store locator? This is great! My Mom and I use a ton of all kinds of batteries and usually go to Sam's Club but those prices.... :roll:
Galactus, Devourer of Worlds
AKA, George H
8" Meade LX90
66mm AT Guide Scope, cameras, etc.
25X100 Zhumell Binos w/Pete's Pipes
Bolt of Light Technologies Laser
Friends to observe with=Priceless
NGC891
15+ Years Member

Unread post by NGC891 »

George, there is an interstate battery store just off of rte 195 exit 12 in MA. (Dartmouth Mall exit) Bare right off of the exit and take a right at the first set of lights and then a quick right into the plaza parking lot on the right. Interstate battery is in that plaza.
- BrianT
Rotorhead
Life Member

Batteries

Unread post by Rotorhead »

Ocean State Job Lot has all the button batteries. 2016's are on a card of 3 for 99 cents. I keep a card of all the sizes I need in my tool kit, and I have not had a problem with them leaking or not having enough life, so I don't see paying any more than that.
Bob M
15" f5 Starsplitter Dob/80mm Finder
5" Explore Scientific triplet APO on a Vixen Sphinx GEM
________
"He numbers all the stars, and calls each one by name." Ps 147:4
Galactus
15+ Years Member

Unread post by Galactus »

Thanks, Brian. Dan already got back to me about Interstate. According to their web page, that store is the only one in our Southern New England Area. But I am ocassionally in that area, so thanks for getting me pinpointed on the location. :P

Bob, I have a Ocean State Job Lot within walking distance and I am always hesitant about buying something like batteries from them due to freshness. Anyways, it wasn't about the button batteries anyway OSJL never has the one I need when I need them, :lol: although I buy a lot of stuff from them. :wink: I just thought if the prices at Interstate Batteries were the same across the board, it might be worth the drive. I am interested in finding rechargable batteries for the walkie -talkies I got for Stellafane. :idea:
Galactus, Devourer of Worlds
AKA, George H
8" Meade LX90
66mm AT Guide Scope, cameras, etc.
25X100 Zhumell Binos w/Pete's Pipes
Bolt of Light Technologies Laser
Friends to observe with=Priceless
Mark G
15+ Years Member

Interstate

Unread post by Mark G »

Dan Thanks for the heads up. 8)

I've a stock of the common button style batteries now in stock but not on my website yet. These batteries are made for watches and are of good quality. Again I can do my best for you all on prices.
Clear skies,

Mark

iOptron CEM25P w/ Tri-pier
CGEM DX
LXD750 w/ CDS #1697
LXD75 w/ #497 autostar Hypertuned
Antares 8" f/5 Newt
Antares 4" f/15 "Vixen Spec" long focus refractor
Orion 4" f/7 ED refractor
Astro-Tech 65mm Quad APO
and so much more