ASSNE Avatar

General astronomy-related discussion (publicly viewable)
Mark G
15+ Years Member

ASSNE Avatar

Unread post by Mark G »

I challenge you all to update your Avatars :!:

Remember no more then 160 x 160 pixils and under 43K file sizes. You can link it from a source online like Flickr, or crop a jpg and save an astro image from a file on your PC. Do this from your User Contol panel, then edit avatar in your member profile. That's all the help I can offer. :lol:
Clear skies,

Mark

iOptron CEM25P w/ Tri-pier
CGEM DX
LXD750 w/ CDS #1697
LXD75 w/ #497 autostar Hypertuned
Antares 8" f/5 Newt
Antares 4" f/15 "Vixen Spec" long focus refractor
Orion 4" f/7 ED refractor
Astro-Tech 65mm Quad APO
and so much more
Apollo XX
MSSF Coordinator

Re: ASSNE Avatar

Unread post by Apollo XX »

My very recently updated avatar is a snippet sized version of a new moon map that I discovered on the LPOD site. A true moon aficionado took the LRO WAC nearside mosiac and combined it with the WAC color shaded relief data, then added labels to produce a beautiful map that he has very generously made available to anyone and everyone, free of charge. The full sized file is about 5mb in size, and opens up to a stunning 5350 x 5350 pixel image. It's very interesting to see the elevation data of the moon and to try to imagine the landscape as we view it from a quarter million miles away. I've had the image printed at about 20" x 20", which isn't quite full sized but is still pretty good. I plan to mount in a poster frame and use it for outreach events that include lunar viewing.

You can see and download for yourself if you wish here: http://lpod.wikispaces.com/December+4%2C+2011
"The purpose of life is the investigation of the Sun, the Moon, and the heavens." - Anaxagoras
Paul D
Equipment Manager

Unread post by Paul D »

It appears when the improvements were done to our piece of the web that our avatars were lost. Actually its really not the case. All you have to do is go into your memebership area and just paste the link of your oringinal avatar back into the avatar URL. Presto you are done.
Paul...

16" f/5 Night Sky Truss (Midnight Mistress)
10" f/5 Home built Dob with Parks mirror.
Pre-Meade PST
Celestron Skymaster Binos 25-125x80
Meade Travelview Binos 10x50

See that 16" in the sleek black dress? She is all mine. :)
Mark G
15+ Years Member

Unread post by Mark G »

Nice Mooon image and link TY. Paul I'm glad you found the avatar fix simple. Lets mope more folks make the fix and we do not have to look at empty avatar spots anymore.
Clear skies,

Mark

iOptron CEM25P w/ Tri-pier
CGEM DX
LXD750 w/ CDS #1697
LXD75 w/ #497 autostar Hypertuned
Antares 8" f/5 Newt
Antares 4" f/15 "Vixen Spec" long focus refractor
Orion 4" f/7 ED refractor
Astro-Tech 65mm Quad APO
and so much more