On Axis Guider Question

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
Chuck

On Axis Guider Question

Unread post by Chuck »

Just curious if anyone is using the ONAG from Innovations Foresight and if so, are you also using their FocusLock software?

I've been looking at the ONAG as a possible future purchase. How the FocusLock software uses the guide star shape to determine if a change in focus is inside or outside and make the necessary change is quite clever. However, I'd appreciate any insight from anyone who is actually using this system. I'm not planning on purchasing this anytime soon, just looking for advice from anyone familiar with it.

As I'm still acquiring some of the basic equipment and waiting for some decent weather to get my feet wet, I'm hoping sometime soon to get some test images to see where I stand. After some emails with Ron B. recently, he has given me some good advice on some necessary equipment and pointers on how to start in AP. From those discussions, I did purchase the QHY Polemaster and found it to work great. What a time savings in getting a really accurate PA. Now to get out there and get some images.

---- Chuck
Chuck M.

Meade 8" LX200 Classic OTA
iOptron CEM40EC and MiniPier on Meade classic field tripod
Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II
Canon 7D Mark II
ZWO 60mm f/4.6 GS with ASI120MM-S camera
Starizona SCT Corrector II and Virtual View 2" Rotating Visual Back
Pegasus Astro Pocket Powerbox