Taurids Came in Like a Lion...

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
Apollo XX
MSSF Coordinator

Taurids Came in Like a Lion...

Unread post by Apollo XX »

...but are going out like a lamb.

Inspired by all the fireball sightings and encouraged by the predictions that the show would continue until the 10th of November, I took advantage of the clear sky last night and set a camera up for almost four hours of recording. All told I captured three Taurids, one reasonably bright one and two that were quite dim, but no dripping fireballs like the one I saw last week. The following images show the brighter meteor of the three and then a stack of 3.75 hours of shooting. I called Logan airport and asked them to shut down for the evening, but it seems that they caved to the customer complaints.

"The purpose of life is the investigation of the Sun, the Moon, and the heavens." - Anaxagoras
rjbokleman

Re: Taurids Came in Like a Lion...

Unread post by rjbokleman »

Very nice, Mike. Tough having the flightpath overhead, but still a nice view just the same.
Ron B.
T5i/700D, ASI1600MM-C, ASI120MM, ASI174MM, XAGYL 7x36mm FW
Astronomik Deep-Sky(RGB), CLS, Ha, OIII, SII
SV60EDS 60mm f/5.5 APO
AT65EDQ 65mm f/6.5 ED Quadruplet
SW ProED 100mm f/9.0 Doublet APO
C8 EdgeHD, AT130EDT
AVX, iEQ45 Pro

http://www.astrobin.com/users/rjbokleman/
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Unread post by NGC7000 »

Nice Mike. Herb Alpert did a song for this...The Lonely Taurid.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EDW6gEQ2DU

Tom
Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur
AndyG
Network Admin

Unread post by AndyG »

Beautiful shots, Mike!
Andy