Let's Do This!

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
Apollo XX
MSSF Coordinator

Let's Do This!

Unread post by Apollo XX »

Let's have a "Once in a Blue Moon Photo Contest". Tonight's full moon is that once-every-couple-of-years so-called blue moon because it's the second full moon in the same month. It's going to be clear tonight. Let's all try to get out there and get a shot of the "blue" moon. Landscape, nightscape, telescopic - whatever - just shoot it. And if you have the means then by all means do turn the moon blue in your image. Looking forward to seeing everybody's results!
"The purpose of life is the investigation of the Sun, the Moon, and the heavens." - Anaxagoras
Apollo XX
MSSF Coordinator

Re: Let's Do This!

Unread post by Apollo XX »

O/k O/k, I'll go first. Geez I hope I'm not the only one in my own contest. Is that anything like being a legend in your own mind? :roll:

Anyway, found the time to get out for a bit last night and observe the blue moon. It was nice as full moons go, but given that it was 14 hours past true full there was a little clipping of the eastern limb. Sorta like we got gypped or something. All the hype and we didn't even get the whole shebang. :shock: Oh well, here's the best of the rest;

"The purpose of life is the investigation of the Sun, the Moon, and the heavens." - Anaxagoras
AndyG
Network Admin

Re: Let's Do This!

Unread post by AndyG »

Ha ha ha. So it really is blue...
Andy