Image from Stellafane - NGC 7822

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
AndyG
Network Admin

Image from Stellafane - NGC 7822

Unread post by AndyG »

Here's the image I captured at Stellafane. It's about 5 hours exposure, 37 8-minute subs. All but one of the subs were from Thursday night. I had several hours of subs from from Friday night, but they were all unusable due to the haze, though I did keep a single sub from about 3:30 am Saturday AM.

NGC 7822 is a young star forming complex in the constellation Cepheus. It's actually between Cepheus and Cassiopeia, placing it right in the muck North of Stellafane (did someone say there is a prison in that direction?). Probably not the best choice of targets in retrospect, but I did what I could with the data and this is what I came up with :roll:

Click image for a higher resolution version; click here for acquisition details.

Andy
Bruce D
Life Member

Re: Image from Stellafane - NGC 7822

Unread post by Bruce D »

That's beautiful Andy, your focus is always perfect!
Unbelievable detail
Bruce D
Pete
Astro Day Coordinator

Unread post by Pete »

And this while viewing with the 20" :idea:
Pete P.
Apollo XX
MSSF Coordinator

Unread post by Apollo XX »

Very nice Andy! Thanks for bringing another off-the-beaten-path object to our attention.

Mike
"The purpose of life is the investigation of the Sun, the Moon, and the heavens." - Anaxagoras
DonB

Unread post by DonB »

Another special and beautiful image. Very well done. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Don
"When I was 18, my father was the dumbest man I ever knew.
When I was 21, I could not believe how much he had learned in 3 years."
--- Mark Twain

Orion 120mm F/5 Refractor
Celestron 8
Explore Scientific 80 Triplet
Explore Scientific 102 Triplet
Orion 8" Astrograph
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Unread post by NGC7000 »

I'm quite pleased that I was able to provide you with the moral support, stimulating conversation, and background music necessary for the execution of this celestial delight.

Yanni
Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur