Another M13

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
bluemax
10+ Years Member

Another M13

Unread post by bluemax »

Here's M13 with NGC6207 up in the corner. Stellarvue 80MM APO, Atik 428EX about an hour total @120 seconds no flats, darks, bias at all...the camera has a few hot pixels which were eliminated with PS2 but darks would make it better for sure. The focus would have been more sharp except for the fact that Manny was spreading gas all over the field thereby disrupting the atmosphere :lol: :lol: :lol: You had to be there.
Frank N

Stellarvue 80mm APO, Skyguider Pro, Celestron AVX

"I'm a seeker too. But my dreams aren't like yours. I can't help thinking that somewhere in the universe there has to be something better than man. Has to be"

Taylor in "Planet of the Apes" 1968
AndyG
Network Admin

Re: Another M13

Unread post by AndyG »

Very nice, Frank. I like how you have the galaxy framed and good detail in the glob.

At first when I looked at this I did not see the galaxy in the corner. Apparently the board web page truncates the image unless you stretch your web browser wide enough. Figured I'd mention it in case anyone else did not see the full image.
Andy
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Unread post by NGC7000 »

Beautiful, Frank. Nice to see that image. I think the focus is fine considering the gas. I understand that was the real reason they had to shut us down at midnight. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing more of your summer images.

Tom
Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur
Dr. Powell
10+ Years Member

Unread post by Dr. Powell »

Good job Frank. Beautiful pic of one of my favorite deep sky objects. And to think, I was there to watch you acquire the image. Thanks for teaching me how you did it.
Mike
16 X 50 Binoculars
Bruce D
Life Member

Unread post by Bruce D »

Nice work Frank, thanks for posting your image!
Bruce D