Elephant Trunk left in Driveway....

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Elephant Trunk left in Driveway....

Unread post by NGC7000 »

I dug out my transgender DSI III last night, poor thing, and put her, I mean him, I mean..

Let's say I put Pat to work last night behind the TV Genesis out on my signboard bright driveway. ( My DSI III is a mono chip on a color board- talk about identity crisis for the software! :P )

So I saw Andy's image of IC 1396, the Elephant Trunk Nebula, and thought, well, that's an ok image, but let's see what Pat can do. Pat likes to run hot and disdains any cooling down, so Pat does get noisy, and after about an hour, what with the neighbors looking on, I had to pull Pat back into the house.

So here's another IC1396, maybe not as sharp and detailed as the aforementioned's, but it has a flair and individuality that only a forgotten, beaten down, and nearly homeless imager like Pat can provide. Viva Pat!

12 x8 minutes Ha12nm. Processed in IP.

Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur
Pete
Astro Day Coordinator

Re: Elephant Trunk left in Driveway....

Unread post by Pete »

Oh my! I may just dig out my DSI III for yet another dance. But since I've obtained the SBIG it's a question of who leads.........
Pete P.
Mark G
15+ Years Member

Unread post by Mark G »

Gzz Tom TY for posting such a "lack luster" image :!: NOT :!:

"Beaten down" too funny. And to think I just sold my Orion Star Shoot Deep Space Color Imager 2 :?: I wonder what image it could of tossed into your mix :?:
Clear skies,

Mark

iOptron CEM25P w/ Tri-pier
CGEM DX
LXD750 w/ CDS #1697
LXD75 w/ #497 autostar Hypertuned
Antares 8" f/5 Newt
Antares 4" f/15 "Vixen Spec" long focus refractor
Orion 4" f/7 ED refractor
Astro-Tech 65mm Quad APO
and so much more
Bruce D
Life Member

Unread post by Bruce D »

Not bad at all Tom, good effort!
Bruce D
AndyG
Network Admin

Unread post by AndyG »

Love it, Tom. Go Pat! :lol:
Andy
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Unread post by NGC7000 »

Thanks guys. Was hoping to get out again tonight, but there are clouds crossing the sky.
Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur
Apollo XX
MSSF Coordinator

Unread post by Apollo XX »

Tom, it's unbelievable what you're doing in your driveway. I bet the neighbors are jealous! :lol:

Mike
"The purpose of life is the investigation of the Sun, the Moon, and the heavens." - Anaxagoras
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Unread post by NGC7000 »

Pete wrote:Oh my! I may just dig out my DSI III for yet another dance. But since I've obtained the SBIG it's a question of who leads.........

If nothing else, a dance with your DSI will make you want to run home to Momma. :lol:
Tom H