Stellafane Eagle

Astrophotography: share your photos & discuss techniques
bluemax
10+ Years Member

Stellafane Eagle

Unread post by bluemax »

Saturday night at Stellafane, I managed to get about 30-4 minute subs of M16 The Eagle Nebula with my Stellarvue 80APO and Atik 428EX. The mount was a CG5-GT with Nebulosity used for capture and basic processing, PHD for guiding through a $39 Celestron plastic 70mm scope and an Orion Starshoot guide camera. After some levels and curves with PS, this is the result.

I have been away from astronomy for a while so, it was very nice to get together with the group in Vt. I am now pumped to get back to business!
As usual, the event had some great conversations and also as usual, I learned a lot from other members willing to unselfishly share their knowledge....what a great organization!

Frank N

Stellarvue 80mm APO, Skyguider Pro, Celestron AVX

"I'm a seeker too. But my dreams aren't like yours. I can't help thinking that somewhere in the universe there has to be something better than man. Has to be"

Taylor in "Planet of the Apes" 1968
Apollo XX
MSSF Coordinator

Re: Stellafane Eagle

Unread post by Apollo XX »

Very nice Frank! Glad to see you were able to pull it off so well after a dry spell.

Mike
"The purpose of life is the investigation of the Sun, the Moon, and the heavens." - Anaxagoras
NGC7000
15+ Years Member

Unread post by NGC7000 »

Hey Frank, really nice. Glad to see you were able to pull so many exposures.

Speaking of guidescopes, while getting ready for Stellafane, I started playing with an Orion 9x50 finderscope and the DSII with PHD and was amazed at the results. We'll have to talk about it next time we meet.

Tom
Tom H
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence." - Louis Pasteur
AndyG
Network Admin

Unread post by AndyG »

Beautiful result, Frank! It's cool to be able to see those pillars and all those stars, and what you were able to capture despite the intermittent clouds rolling through.

It was great seeing you at Stellafane!
Andy
Mark G
15+ Years Member

Unread post by Mark G »

Sweet Frank :!: 8) TY for sharing. Glad to see you back imageing
Clear skies,

Mark

iOptron CEM25P w/ Tri-pier
CGEM DX
LXD750 w/ CDS #1697
LXD75 w/ #497 autostar Hypertuned
Antares 8" f/5 Newt
Antares 4" f/15 "Vixen Spec" long focus refractor
Orion 4" f/7 ED refractor
Astro-Tech 65mm Quad APO
and so much more
bluemax
10+ Years Member

Unread post by bluemax »

Here it is again cropped to better see the pillars as well as un-cropped with a better run at processing. Gotta work on that focusing though, these stars a too big!
Stellafane and Arunah Hill and, I guess Gooseberry Point, are some of the only places we get to see stuff this low in the sky.

Frank N

Stellarvue 80mm APO, Skyguider Pro, Celestron AVX

"I'm a seeker too. But my dreams aren't like yours. I can't help thinking that somewhere in the universe there has to be something better than man. Has to be"

Taylor in "Planet of the Apes" 1968