presentation material

General astronomy-related discussion (publicly viewable)
mrgizmo65
10+ Years Member

presentation material

Unread post by mrgizmo65 »

Each meeting , the centerpiece of the meeting is for a presentation on astronomy related subjects. The offer for anyone to make a presentation to the club may be intimidating for some,. What do I want to talk about, what do I do for visual aides? and other things. I have found a site that answers all those questions. The Celestron nexstar rescources site has a down load list of 20 programs completed with information, images, and charts that all you do is download it onto a disk or what ever, study the material and come to the meeting and present your talk. Many of these programs are astronomy related and not just celestron products they are power point programs with images and material that after you study it and present it you will look like a pro. You help the club and guests out and boost your self confidence. One program in particular caught my eye, and that is an outreach for cub and boy scouts, the whole program is there with all the information required for them to qualify for their badge and learn all the material, plus it sets a standard for the club so any club member can present it. It is my hope members will take advantage of this material . It's all there all you have to do is download it. The site is: nexstarsite.com/downloads.htm
Orion ED80T CF #9534 Carbon Fiber
Ioptron IEQ 45 Pro mount
Ioptron tripier
Ioptron eq 25 mount
Ioptron tripod
Celestron #93709 next image solar system imager
Unitron 3 inch equatorial mount W/ tracking motor and tripod
Restored ED 102 Vixen ss Doublet

"Ilagitami non carborundum" Uncle Nick '49
AndyG
Network Admin

Re: presentation material

Unread post by AndyG »

Thanks for the info Jerry. Here's a working link: NexStar Resources
Andy
mrgizmo65
10+ Years Member

Re: presentation material

Unread post by mrgizmo65 »

I'm glad you aprove Andy, for one thing as far a the boy scout thing, now the club has a standard to go by, so no matter who realise the people who have helped you, Andy, thanksconducts the outreach for them, they will have the same material to go by. As I said if anything,it may encourage others to contribute, Jerry
Orion ED80T CF #9534 Carbon Fiber
Ioptron IEQ 45 Pro mount
Ioptron tripier
Ioptron eq 25 mount
Ioptron tripod
Celestron #93709 next image solar system imager
Unitron 3 inch equatorial mount W/ tracking motor and tripod
Restored ED 102 Vixen ss Doublet

"Ilagitami non carborundum" Uncle Nick '49